We’re hiring: Finance Manager
Are you an experienced, pro-active and accurate accountant who’s a whiz with Excel? Do you love collaborating with passionate, hard-working digital and creative teams in a fast-paced agency environment? Would you like to work for a rapidly-growing, Shoreditch-based company which is famed for the quality and ambition of its work, and the warmth of its people? Then join Manifesto as our new Finance Manager.
About the role
The Finance Manager is responsible for the production and analysis of accounting and other management information to assist in the proactive running of the Company. They report directly to the Chief Operations Officer.
Key responsibilities include:
- To prepare monthly management accounts for all Manifesto businesses to agreed deadlines. This includes sales ledger (raising, distributing and chasing invoices); purchase ledger (approval and posting of invoices, reconciliation of supplier accounts, payments of approved invoices); all balance sheet reconciliations (including bank, VAT and payroll).
- To proactively review management accounts in order to highlight and resolve issues and ensure balances are justifiable and to drive the commercial performance of the business by maximizing cash balances.
- To meet external regulatory and statutory requirements (e.g. PAYE / VAT / Corporation tax).
- To highlight improvements in working practices and wherever possible make these improvements happen.
- To drive commercial performance through championing project management reporting. Provide analysis and interpretation to improve the accuracy of project and client profitability and take a “hands on” role in administration of the systems.
- To be involved in IT, HR and operations projects as required and to ensure all relevant admin is completed (e.g. filing of contracts).
- To assist in client contract negotiation and fee proposals by providing guidance and / or tools.
- Excellent Excel skills
- Team worker
- Proactive fast and accurate
- Helpful, friendly and professional
- Understanding of Mac applications and Office applications
- Able to take lead on projects but also to take direction
- (Ideally) Good knowledge of Xero
We’re a leading creative technology agency based on Shoreditch High Street – a team of creative, passionate, innovative individuals who love working together and with our clients to create ideas, campaigns, products and services that change things for the better. Our diverse work covers strategy and UX, design, creative, content and technical solutions for some of the world’s most respected brands and non-profits. We’ve been growing rapidly and we’re now looking for an outstanding individual to help us run our finances smoothly and get us the information we need to make strategic decisions.
At Manifesto our aim is to strike a balance between client work, internal projects, and personal and team development. Wherever possible we will reflect your personal interests, preferences and desires.
You’ll also benefit from a strong team culture with regular social events, learning opportunities, team days and lunches.
To register your interest in the role, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org