We’re Hiring! – Laravel Developer
We’re made for change… are you?
Manifesto is an award-winning, London and Bristol based agency of creatives, strategists and technologists who collaborate with exceptional organisations to deliver positive change and lasting impact.
Much of our work is focused on transforming the not-for-profit, cultural and social enterprise sectors; creating sustainable products, services and experiences that solve complex challenges, and make lives better, easier and more enjoyable.
Manifesto is now hiring for a Laravel Developer based either at our London or Bristol office, but currently working remotely given the circumstances. Ideally the candidate will be within reasonable travelling distance within one of our office locations.
The primary focus of the role will be on the support of client projects built using an open source project called OpenDialog (https://www.opendialog.ai/). This is an exciting opportunity for you to join the emerging new world of conversational interfaces and natural language applications.
As part of your work you will learn how to develop integrations in the frontend with conversational interface technologies such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and web chat widgets and, in the backend, with natural language processing systems including Microsoft Luis, Amazon Lex and Google DialogFlow as well as open source systems such as Rasa and spaCy.
You will be supported in your work with direct access to the OpenDialog developers who are experts in this field due to our unique relationship with that team as we help them develop their product whilst servicing our clients needs.
What we’re looking for
- At least 3 years experience in developing web applications using the Laravel framework
- Ability to analyse business problems and recommend technical solutions to solve them
- Experience in connecting Laravel applications to other platforms through the use of APIs.
- Aptitude to apply yourself with technologies and environments outside your core expertise and learning as you go
- Experience in working as part of a Scrum team to deliver projects
- Experience in ensuring quality of work on projects and contributing to ways of improving the way work is delivered
- Good personal time management skills and able to support delivery managers to produce plans to deliver projects on-time
- Happy with communicating directly with our clients to problem solve and find our requirements.
- Flexibility to occasionally work alongside clients on site when projects need this
- Experience of the integration with any natural language processing systems would be a bonus but can be learned on the job.
As a minimum, you can expect the following from us
- A monthly team meeting with the opportunity to raise questions, concerns and highlight where we’ve done well
- Regular access to your line manager, including monthly 1-2-1 sessions.
- Committed time for communities of practice and open source contributions
- At least one off-site team day each year
- Time put aside for innovating and improving Manifesto
- A training budget for improving yourself
This salary range for this role is between £40,000 – £50,000 depending on experience.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
At Manifesto, however you identify and wherever you’re from, you can belong here. We’re 100% committed to fostering an open and inclusive culture, and we’ll support you all the way.
Feel we’d get along?
If you’re interested in taking the next step in your career with Manifesto, please apply directly.
No agencies, please.