We’re hiring: Senior PHP/Drupal Developer
Are you an experienced PHP/Drupal Developer? Join our growing agency and work with a talented team of in-house software developers, technologists, strategists and creatives to develop award winning projects that deliver positive change.
As part of this role we would expect much of your time to be spent working on the following things:
- Analysing business problems and creating technical solutions to solve them
- To approach client challenges with creativity and to innovate when appropriate rather than always using the same solution to a problem
- Hands on bespoke development with a focus on PHP and associated platforms and frameworks
- Providing WordPress, Drupal and general content management expertise and development
- When needed contributing to devops on projects
- Working alongside clients on site when projects require this
- Working with technologies outside your core expertise when projects require this
- Analysing existing solutions and highlighting/implementing improvements
- Working as part of a Scrum team to deliver projects – participating in all Scrum meetings
- Ensuring quality on our projects and contributing to ways of enhancing this
- Supporting our delivery team to deliver projects on-time
- Contributing to all elements of projects including the creative, user experience and handover into support
- Supporting and resolving issues relating to our existing solutions
- Contributing to company projects
Technical leadership and mentoring
As a senior member of the team, part of your role is to provide excellent technical leadership and be a role model at Manifesto.
Some of the things you’ll get involved in which will demonstrate this will include:
- Helping kick off projects and providing ongoing support to the delivery team to help ensure the projects are a success
- Providing estimates for projects
- Taking responsibility for understanding how much time is available for projects and highlighting impediments at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Mentoring more junior members of the team and making yourself available for their questions in an approachable way.
To be London’s best creative technology agency Manifesto needs to be current and deliver work that is both strategic and executed with dedication and craft.
To achieve this it’s crucial that we take time to reflect on what we’re doing and actively participate in our own and external communities.
As an agency it can be difficult to make time for this crucial element of our development but it’s is absolutely part of your role to:
- Participate in regular team meetings or events
- Speak up if you see something isn’t working
- Actively engage in your own professional development and suggest training that would help you or others
- Get involved in communities of practice around your role
- Participate in wider communities relevant to your role
- Research new technology and share your thoughts on them with the team
- Create regular blogs for the Manifesto website
- Further the quality and approach to Drupal and PHP development at Manifesto
- Participate in Drupal related communities to help us stay up-to-date
- Participate in one or two innovation projects always having at least one that you’re associated with
- Demonstrate the Manifesto guiding principles in your work with clients and the team
In turn our commitment is to make time for these things. This isn’t always easy and we want you to let us know if we’re falling short.
We’re an agile agency of creatives, strategists and technologists who collaborate with exceptional clients to change things for the better. We’re guided by the values of collaboration, innovation, excellence and change.
At Manifesto our aim is to strike a balance between client work, internal projects, and personal and team development. Wherever possible we will reflect your personal interests, preferences and desires.
You’ll also benefit from a strong team culture with regular social events, learning opportunities, team days and lunches.
To register your interest in the role, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: TBC