We’re Hiring! – Bid writer
We’re made for change… are you?
Manifesto is an award-winning agency of creatives, strategists and technologists who collaborate with exceptional organisations to deliver positive change and lasting impact.
Much of our work is focused on transforming the not-for-profit, cultural and social enterprise sectors; creating sustainable products, services and experiences that solve complex challenges, and make lives better, easier and more enjoyable.
Manifesto is now hiring for a Bid Writer in our commercial team. We work remotely with hubs in Bristol and London where you would need to travel to some of the time.
The role of Bid Writer is pivotal to helping Manifesto achieve commercial, client and new business success, cementing our position as a leading Experience agency.
You will have responsibility for ensuring we deliver outstanding proposals for potential projects primarily for new customers and sometimes for our existing client base.
Based in our commercial team, you will work closely with our Business Director, as well as with Business Leads and teams from across the agency. You will understand briefs and clients and create compelling, engaging thoughtful responses – accessing expertise from the wider team when needed.
Previous sales experience isn’t a necessity for this role – we’re more interested in the quality of your writing, your organisation and prioritisation skills and your ability to describe digital projects in a compelling way.
What we’re looking for
- 2-4 years’ experience in proposal writing or an editorial role in a digital team
- Excellent written English with a proven ability to write effective, concise and compelling content while under pressure
- You’ll be proactive and unlikely to dwell on problems, and if you can’t find a solution yourself, then you won’t be afraid to ask for support.
- Strong project management to short deadlines
- Able to pull together factual information obtained from a variety of sources in a various formats so that it is compelling, interesting and comprehensive
- High attention to detail with an excellent editing and proofing ability
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills
- Seeks opportunities to streamline and improve work processes and tender submissions
- Able to gain cooperation from others and break down barriers (within the team and cross-functionally) to obtain information and accomplish goals
- Knowledge of the charity, culture, education, health or government sectors would be an advantage
- Knowledge of digital, technology and/or user experience products and services would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience working in a distributed/remote team
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
At Manifesto, however you identify and wherever you’re from, you can belong here. We’re 100% committed to fostering an open and inclusive culture, and we’ll support you all the way. All applications we receive will be treated equally.
Feel we’d get along?
If you’re interested in taking the next step in your career with Manifesto, please apply directly to the following link:
This is a new role and would therefore have an immediate start.
Salary range is £35,000-£48,000 depending on experience.
No agencies, please.