We’re Hiring! – Business Development Representative
Business Development Representative
We’re made for change… are you?
Manifesto is an award-winning agency of creatives, strategists and technologists who collaborate with exceptional organisations to deliver positive change and lasting impact.
Much of our work is focused on transforming the not-for-profit, cultural and social enterprise sectors; creating sustainable products, services and experiences that solve complex challenges, and make lives better, easier and more enjoyable.
Manifesto is now hiring for a Business Development Representative in our commercial team. We work remotely with hubs in Bristol and London where you would need to travel to some of the time.
The Business Development Representative is a newly created role at Manifesto; having enjoyed 10 years of consistent and rapid organic growth, we want to capitalise on our strong brand positioning as one of the UK’s leading Experience Agencies, and source bigger, better projects that can help us deliver more positive change. This role is pivotal to helping Manifesto achieve commercial, client and new business success.
Based in our commercial team, you will work closely with our Business Director, as well as with our Marketing Manager, Business Leads and teams from across the agency. Your responsibilities will ensure a steady stream of qualified pipeline, primarily for new customers and sometimes for our existing client base through research, prospecting, outbound messaging, networking and marketing campaigns. You’ll build a strong understanding of the breadth of services that Manifesto has to offer, and understand how to proactively position these to known and unknown contacts.
Previous sales experience would be a benefit, as would a knowledge or understanding of digital; but isn’t a necessity. We’re more interested in a confident ability to communicate and influence, with creativity, determination and persistence.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting on the creation of an outbound communication strategy for contacts already known within our CRM
- Taking ownership of moving contacts from Marketing Qualified Leads to Sales Qualified Leads through qualification of interest and relevance to Manifesto
- Nurturing and contacting our community of known contacts in the CRM
- Proactive prospecting
- Working with Business Leads to refine our prospect and go to market list
- Cold business generation through outbound techniques
- Being a first point of contact for the agency
- Supporting on qualification of New Business Leads
- Researching and developing our understanding of the marketplace
- Supporting with managing our crucial technology partnerships
- Keeping our CRM up to date with updates on contact and lead progression so that we have a crucial data source and market knowledge
- Supporting the Business Leads with creation of relevant marketing content
- Shadow and participate in early stage meetings to drive your progression
- Attendance and networking at conferences and events with the Business Director
- Supporting the Commercial Team with proposals and presentations during busy periods
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent written English with a proven ability to write effective, concise and compelling marketing or sales messages
- Focus on and experience of exceeding targets in professional and personal pursuits
- A professional and inquisitive demeanour, able to engage customers and build relationships.
- An outstanding and consultative communication style, with the ability to discover and understand customer needs.
- Ability to influence, combined with creativity, determination and persistency.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to negotiate, influence and read a situation
- You’ll be proactive and unlikely to dwell on problems, and if you can’t find a solution yourself, then you won’t be afraid to ask for support.
- Strong organisational and personal management skills
- A curious nature, able to research, interpret, retain and understand complex or technical topics for discussion with prospects.
- Able to gain cooperation from others and break down barriers (within the team and cross-functionally) to obtain information and accomplish goals
- Knowledge of the charity, culture, education, health or government sectors would be an advantage
- Knowledge of digital, technology and/or user experience products and services would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience working in a distributed/remote team
Salary range is £30,000-£40,000
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
At Manifesto, however you identify and wherever you’re from, you can belong here. We’re 100% committed to fostering an open and inclusive culture, and we’ll support you all the way. All applications we receive will be treated equally.
Feel we’d get along?
If you’re interested in taking the next step in your career with Manifesto, please apply directly.
This is a new role and would therefore have an immediate start subject to your notice period
No agencies, please.