We’re Hiring – Graduate PHP Developer!
Graduate PHP Developer
We’re made for change… are you?
Manifesto is an award-winning, London and Bristol based agency of creatives, strategists and technologists who collaborate with exceptional organisations to deliver positive change and lasting impact.
Much of our work is focused on transforming the not-for-profit, cultural and social enterprise sectors; creating sustainable products, services and experiences that solve complex problems, and make lives better, easier and more enjoyable.
Manifesto is now hiring for a graduate software developer based within 2 hours travel time of either London or Bristol. The role is remote but there will be an expectation for occasional office visits for team meetings, project onboarding and any support activities that might be required. This role would suit someone fresh out of University or who has graduated within the last 3 years and is looking for a fresh perspective.
The primary focus of the role will be in learning how to be a software engineer inside an Agency. This will see you working alongside more senior engineers on developing frontend interfaces, backend integrations and exposing you to the latest in web technologies and techniques. The work will focus initially on the PHP Laravel framework with opportunities to work on a conversational AI platform as well.
You’ll find yourself playing with AWS devops tools, writing modular code for PHP based frameworks and content management systems and building dynamic web interfaces using tools such as React and Next.js.
Manifesto is a supportive learning environment and we provide our graduates with the tools and training they need to feel happy in their role. You’ll get a new company issued laptop of your choice from day one (e.g. the latest MacBook Pro), access to online learning resources and the opportunity to attend tech meetups and conferences throughout the year.
Your line manager will provide you with regular feedback with weekly check-ins and monthly 1-2-1 coaching sessions to help guide and share your career.
We also have weekly communities of practice meetups and monthly lightning talk sessions where you’ll learn from your colleagues across the business about some of the biggest challenges facing the UK today and how we are working collaboratively to solve them.
What we’re looking for
- A relevant computing or technology degree from a University with some formal training in programming languages and web application development.
- A good theoretical grounding in computer science techniques.
- Some experience and passion with developing websites, web applications or content management systems and working with web technologies (HTML, JS, CSS and PHP)
- You know your way around a server and can talk about how they are accessed and some of the issues you might encounter in making them secure.
- A willingness to contribute and bring your ideas to the table.
- A desire to get stuck in and work with others in a team to solve problems.
- Some understanding of the working as part of a Scrum team to deliver projects (maybe taught as part of University courses or on year in industry placements)
- Experience in ensuring quality of work on projects and contributing to ways of improving the way work is delivered
- Good personal time management skills.
- Flexibility to occasionally work alongside clients on site when projects need this
As a minimum, you can expect the following from us
- A monthly team meeting with the opportunity to raise questions, concerns and highlight where we’ve done well
- Regular access to your line manager, including monthly 1-2-1 sessions.
- Committed time for communities of practice and open source contributions
- At least one off-site team day each year
- Time put aside for innovating and improving Manifesto
- A training budget for improving yourself
This salary range for this role is between £27,000 – £35,000 depending on experience.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
At Manifesto, however you identify and wherever you’re from, you can belong here. We’re 100% committed to fostering an open and inclusive culture, and we’ll support you all the way.
Feel we’d get along?
If you’re interested in taking the next step in your career with Manifesto, please apply directly.
No agencies, please.